Family shoot How it Works
Hints & Tips For Your Photo Session:
- Make sure you and your family are well rested before your photoshoot.
- Remember children and babies can sense your tension. So on the day, relax. Remember that this is my job and I will do what I need to do to capture beautiful images of your children and family.
- I capture you and your family as you are, the best images come from non posed situations. Let me guide you through the photoshoot and place you in the best possible setting. Don’t worry about your little one having to sit still and smile for the camera. This often upsets them. Let them be themselves and I will capture that.
- Avoid Bright/Luminous coloured clothing. Especailly if you are fair skinned. Bright/Luminous coloured clothing creates a cast onto your skin which doesn’t look very nice in photos.
- You don’t always have to colour co-ordinate or match your outfits. Although it can sometimes look nice, wearing different colours can also work really well. Please look at my what to wear pinterest board that I emailed to you for suggestions. Please do not wear blue jeans and white t-shirts as it is very old fashioned.
- Pay attention to the weather. If it is cold, put on some jackets, this can add to a photoshoot as well. Try styling your outfit to fit with your photoshoot. You can have lots of fun with this, and you can really enhance your photos by styling your outfit nicely.
- Make sure you have food and water/juice for your children. Bring some of their favourite snacks incase we need to bribe them to smile or sit by you etc. Try to avoid snacks that leave your children's mouths stained.
- Bring along a noisy toy to grab your children’s attention.
What NOT to Expect 😉
- Photographers are not plastic surgeons, although photoshop can work magic. It takes hours to manipulate photos in photoshop. A photographer needs to work editing costs into your packages. If we have to sit for hours editing, you end up having to pay. I remove some blemishes and baby acne. But do not do teeth whitening or body altering
What You Can Do to Make Your Photos Awesome:
- Take pride in your appearance, choose a nice outfit for your shoot, comb and style your hair, apply some make up. It not only looks great in your pictures but helps you feel more beautiful. Small things like this will really make your photos look so much better.
Last but not least...
Sit back and enjoy the experience of your photoshoot. You have chosen me as your photographer, because you enjoy the way I capture images. You enjoy my style. Lets create beautiful memories together.
For you to enjoy forever...